Ralph "Putsy" CaballeroBaseball, 1944-52
Jesuit High School/Major League Baseball
- Played eight seasons for the Philadelphia Phillies during their legendary "Whiz Kids" era, including the 1950 National League pennant winners.
- Collected 150 career hits in his career.
- Holds the record as the youngest person in major league history to appear at third base (16 years old).
- Played baseball at Jesuit in 1943 and 1944, leading the team to the city championship and the American Legion championship in 1943.
- Signed with the Phillies after completing high school at the age of 16, turning down a scholarship offer from LSU to play baseball and basketball.
- Also a member of the New Orleans Professional Baseball Hall of Fame (inducted 2009).
- Born Nov. 5, 1927.