Bill SvobodaFootball, 1947-59
- After a standout career at Tulane, went on to play linebacker in the NFL for nine seasons with the Chicago Cardinals (1950-53) and the New York Giants (1954-58).
- Served as co-captain of Tulane's Southeastern Conference co-championship team in 1949.
- Selected in the third round (29th overall) of the 1950 NFL Draft.
- Registered nine career interceptions and also recovered 12 fumbles.
- The defensive captain for the Giants when they won the NFL championship in 1956 and the divisional championship in 1958.
- Also inducted into the Tulane Athletics Hall of Fame in 1978.
- Born July 12, 1928 and died June 20, 1980 at the age of 51.