Jimmy WarrenFootball, 1956-77
Cohen High School/Illinois/NFL
- After a standout career at Cohen High School, attended the University of Illinois and then played 12 seasons of professional football as a defensive back with the San Diego Chargers (AFL, 1964-65), the Miami Dolphins (AFL, 1966-69) and the Oakland Raiders (1970-74, 1977).
- Started all 14 games in each of his first three seasons with the Dolphins and 13 in his final year.
- Selected as an AFL All-Star in 1966 after tallying five interceptions and a league-leading 198 return yards.
- Recorded 25 career interceptions, returning three for touchdowns, including a pair in 1971 with the Raiders.
- After his playing days, went into coaching, including spending time as the head coach at his alma mater, Cohen, leading the team to the district playoffs for the first time in 25 years.
- Born July 20, 1939 and died Aug. 9, 2006 at the age of 67.