Charles "Peggy" FlournoyFootball, 1919-25
Rugy Academy/Tulane University
- Tulane's first All-American in football, led Coach Clark Shaughnessy's team to a 9-0-1 record in 1925 and a three-year record for 23-4-2.
- During his senior season, he led the nation in scoring with 128 points, including school records of 19 touchdowns and 16 rushing touchdowns. His career totals of 25 touchdowns and 168 points were also school records. Also handled place-kicking and punting.
- Established Tulane records for touchdowns, points in a season and points in a game that stand as of 2011.
- Set two of his long-standing records with four rushing touchdowns and 31 points in a 37-9 victory over Louisiana Tech.
- One of the first inductees into the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame in 1968, also is a member of the Tulane Athletics Hall of Fame.
- Attended high school at Rugby Academy, on the corner of St. Charles and Bourdeaux, which existed from 1884 to 1970.
- Died in 1972.