Gary BarbaroFootball, 1970-83
East Jefferson High School/Nicholls State/NFL
- After playing just one year of high school football at East Jefferson High, went on to a star football career at Nicholls State and a seven-year run in the NFL with the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Selected by the Chiefs in the third round (74th overall) of the 1976 NFL Draft.
- A three-time Pro Bowl selection (1980, 1981, 1982) at defensive back who played in 101 career games, registering 29 interceptions, including three he returned for touchdowns. Had a 102-yard interception return for a touchdown against the Seahawks in 1977 which was the Chiefs' record as of 2013.
- After his seven years with the Chiefs, signed with the New Jersey Generals of the fledgling USFL and played one season earning all-star recognition from the The Sporting News.
- Inducted into the Chiefs Hall of Fame in 2013. Also a member of the Nicholls State Hall of Fame and the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame (2000).
- Born February 11, 1954 in New Orleans.