Dr. Abe MickalFootball Player/Contributor, 1932-80
Louisiana State University
- Lead LSU to a career record of 23-4-5 as a triple-threat back, averaged over 40 yards per punt and held a completion percentage of 52.0.
- Ended his LSU career with a 3-2 loss to TCU in the 1936 Sugar Bowl, in which he punted for a 52.7 average.
- Quarterbacked the College All-Stars to a 7-6 win over the pros in 1936.
- Honored in 1960 as a Sports Illustrated "Silver Anniversary All-American" and inducted into the National Football Foundation's Hall of Fame in 1967.
- Long-time President of the New Orleans Athletic Club.
- Elected to the Hall of Fame in 1985.