Back to Articles
Louisiana Superdome and Champions Square Enhancements
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
NEW ORLEANS - The Louisiana Superdome is currently closed for an $85 million renovation that will completely modernize the facility. Enhancements began in late January 2011 and will conclude in late June 2011.
Key, significant enhancements include:
- Expansion of Plaza (100 Level) concourse
- Additional concession points of sale and restrooms on Plaza (100 Level)
- Replacement and reconfiguration of the East and West Side Plaza
Seating Units (100 level) - offering 3,100 new seats and improved sight
- Addition of two premium ground/field level bunker clubs
- 3 additional elevators for improved vertical transportation
- Expansion of Exterior Plaza Gates A and C
Champions Square is currently closed for Phase II construction. The Square will be transformed into a true pedestrian mall with the addition of brick pavers in the Square and on LaSalle Street, trees, benches and natural green vine walls. As well, the installation of a permanent grand staircase complete with brick pavers leading to Gate C of the Superdome will be the finishing touch! For a brief overview and renderings, please click here.